Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) is pleased to offer health plans for individuals who qualify for the State STAR and CHIP programs in the Travis service delivery area, which consists of eight Central Texas counties: Travis (Austin), Bastrop, Burnet, Caldwell, Fayette, Hays, Lee and Williamson.
BCBSTX Medicaid and CHIP members receive the benefit of our strong relationships with doctors, hospitals and pharmacies. We offer special programs to members who are pregnant or have long-term conditions such as diabetes, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or heart disease.
BCBSTX provides many value added services to members. These are benefits that are not covered by the state, but are offered by BCBSTX to improve health outcomes.
In 2014, we partnered with multiple community based organizations to provide outreach and education to families in need. Our dedicated outreach staff supported 168 events with an estimated 150,000 participants in attendance. Some of our most successful events include:
Festival de Mayo
- Our booth had a special draw for mothers and their children with a table for moms to receive a free nail polish change while kids created personalized cards in anticipation of Mother’s Day
- Approximately 8,000 participants
Univisión Copa Youth Soccer Tournament
- BCBSTX sponsored a youth soccer team where each team member received a specially designed soccer jersey
- Over 7,000 participants
- Supported by Little Joe of Little Joe y la Familia
- Featured the BCBSTX Blue Bear Clinic and family photo booth
1st annual BCBSTX Fluapalooza
- Flu and immunization vaccine event, provided in partnership with the BCBSTX Care Van®